Switching xbox accounts

HI,

I have seen a lot of people having this issue on the net, but ive been unable to fully understand the steps that are needed to resolve it, i think mainly because im trying to do something slightly differant than normal :)

I have had an xbox 360 for a number of years, and have recently got a wireless adaper and am planning to get xbox live.

During the interveening years, I have had an xbox live account that is linked to my main email address at hotmail, but now I am wanting to link my offline 360 account to my hotmail account.

I have looked on xbox support and have seen the following item:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/manage-microsoft-account#bbc0c773fef34550ad3b1ed40e93f607

I have no link to the gamertag for my current xbox live account, so all i want to do is sever any link with my current account to my hotmail address and then link my offline 360 account to my hotmail address, thus giving me a new xbox live account.

I'm thinking all i need to do is to create a new microsoft account i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and link this to my current xbox live account, this should then free up my hotmail account so I can then link it to my offline account, but im having a bit of a blonde/senior moment and cannot make this 100% in my head 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I think it might be easier to create a brand new email. Or just follow the steps in the link you posted

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.