Switching to new account have a few questions.

Hi I am thinking of switching to a new account since:

1. I don't like my gamertag.
2. I find my profile to be filled with clutter games that I barely play so I rather make a new profile.

My questions are:

1. Can I still play the things I bought via xbox live (the xbox live games or the dlc)
2. I have a few games on steam do I have to make a new steam account and rebuy the games to get them to my profile again?
3. If the answer to question 2 is yes then can I rebuy these games on a new steam profile and then play them on my old steam account?
4. If the answer to question 3 is no then can I somehow transfer those games that I have on steam to another account since I will be the registered owner of both accounts?

Thanks for the help. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As long as you keep your old gamertag on the console and dont delete it you should be able to access you downloadable games and DLC through the new profile. Just be sure all of your content is licensed with your xbox. If not do a licence transfer with your old account.

[quote user="MajorAwful"]

As long as you keep your old gamertag on the console and dont delete it you should be able to access you downloadable games and DLC through the new profile. Just be sure all of your content is licensed with your xbox. If not do a licence transfer with your old account.

[/quote]

This is all correct, except for the the last sentence.  A licence transfer is only to move the DLC licence to a new console, on the same account.  You can not transfer a content licence to another account.