Switching Profile to Different Microsoft Account

So I've been trying to switch my xbox live profile to my new email account and I did exactly what XBOX.com says to do. I'm repeatedly told the email address or password entered isn't valid and to try again; however, I signed into my email online to check that I was using the right password and I was. I've done this multiple times on multiple different locations and it gives me the same message. I've checked and checked and checked what I was entering, but it won't work. Is there a way to switch to my new email without using the xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Cassiopeiia,

Sorry to hear you're having issues transferring your account.

Just to make sure we're both on the same page, are you using these steps to Transfer your Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

If so:

• What step in that process are you on?
  • Which account are you trying to log into that is giving you the error?
    • Did you recently sign up for two-step verification on your account?
      • If so, then you need to Create a new app password under App passwords. You will then use this new generated app password to sign in or download your profile instead of your Microsoft account password. You can follow the steps in our Two Step Verification FAQ.
  • Can you verify that you have updated the security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account.

If you're just trying to change the e-mail on your account, you can do it both on the console or on the web using the steps outlined in our guide to Change your Xbox account information.

Please keep us posted on how things go and the answers to any relevant questions. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.