switching my 250g HDD s360 to another s360 ? ?

i was wondering if i take out my 250g HDD in my s360... and put it in my friends s360 will i be able to use all my data?

kinda like where i make his s360 pretty much like mine?  with all my games/gamertag/ ect ect?   this way i dont have to take my whole s360 over there plus saves me time so i dont have to buy a USB.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Everything will be there yes, but the license on your Hard Drive will be different. Your 360 recognizes your hard drive and all the contents it has. But putting your hard drive into someone else, will not work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Keisukii"]i was wondering if i take out my 250g HDD in my s360... and put it in my friends s360 will i be able to use all my data? [/quote]You can use most save game files. You can make use of DLC if you're logged into Live. You will not be able to use any games installed from DVD, nor save game files that are locked to a specific console.[quote]kinda like where i make his s360 pretty much like mine?[/quote]The "ownership" of the 360 S won't change.[quote]this way i dont have to take my whole s360 over there plus saves me time so i dont have to buy a USB.[/quote]Games cost $30-$60. A USB flash drive is about $10. If buying a USB flash drive to store your profile and save game files is too much of an expense then I suggest you look for a new hobby.

DLC can be downloaded to any console. As long as your friend has Internet access and a HDD you can download your DLC to his console. It will only be usable when you're signed into his console (assuming the DLC has first been downloaded to your own console).

Sorry this didn't help.

i would buy/use a USB to save my data but people say when i use a USB and move my game saves/gamertag/ ect and move it to the USB i end up deleting the save file on my 360  (because it goes on the USB)

i dont want to erase my data just to have it go on the USB   :(  if there was a way i could have my game file on my 360 and USB i would do it in a heart beat

Sorry this didn't help.

Save game files on a HDD are not deleted when Copied to a USB MU. They are only deleted when Moved.

Some save game files cannot be copied, only moved (Splinter Cell Conviction is one such game). Some are also bound to the console they're created on (Forza series). Most can be copied without issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

oh, i never knew that.. i always thought moving anything to a USB deletes it off your 360.

what about you're Gamertag? can i copy that to a USB also?

thanks again guys for the posts/responds!

Sorry this didn't help.

You cannot copy a gamertag. You can only Move a gamertag. Your local copy of your gamertag is just a copy. The master record is stored on the XBOX Live servers.

Sorry this didn't help.