switching microsoft accounts

So for the last couple of years I've been playing on my Father's xbox live account and we made the agreement that he would give it to me. Today I decided to try putting his profile under my Microsoft account but I couldn't since for some reason an xbox live account (that I never made) was filed under it. I decided to make a fake Microsoft account to put the xbox live profile under but I keep getting a message saying "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now.". I'm wondering if there is an easier way of doing this Because I'm scared if I delete my Microsoft account then I'll lose my e-mail and whatnot.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Don't think you can do that.    You can change the email tho on his account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, well from what I can tell it's going to take me 60 days till I can change it to my Microsoft account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Pervious,

It sounds like you're trying to keep the Gamertag you've been playing on but put it under your own Microsoft Account rather than your father's.

If that's the case, we do have a guide to Switch a Gamertag to another Microsoft Account.

This process will take 30 days to complete as you can only move a gamertag to a different Microsoft account once every 30 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also running into this issue.  Iv'e been playing on my original email for 6 years now, but want to change it to my new main account that all my email and Windows 8 is synced with.  I have tried the posted method to swap the accounts around, but I get the same message stating that I cannot swap at this time.  Very frustrating as I'm trying to consolidate a few emails into one.

Sorry this didn't help.