Switching Hard Drives between Xbox Slims

Hi,

My flatmate managed to spill liquid on her xbox slim 250Gig. We switched it off and left it for 48 hours to dry. Tried it after 48 hours and it worked fine and the hard drive was fine. 24 hours later tried to switch it on again and it wouldn't switch on, it would make the noise when you pressed the on button but wouldn't switch on.

I'm going to buy another xbox slim tomorrow and wondered, if i put in the old hard drive will old saved games and gamertag etc still be available? Or is there a specific procedure i'll need to follow to recover them?

With thanks,

Corvidius.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

actually zen they reduced the requirement to 120days now

no longer 365 days :P according to the xbox support forum support people

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/FAQ

How often can I use the tool?

The tool can only be used once every 121 days.

Why can I use the tool only once per 121 days?

The tool is intended to allow consumers to consolidate their licenses they purchased on multiple consoles to a primary console. It is not intended to continually move content between multiple consoles.

its 121 because you need to wait till the 120th day to pass before using the tool lol

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, it will work fine.  What you will need to do is a DRM license transfer to the new console in order to access any downloaded content on that hard drive.  Be aware that once you have done this transfer, you will not be able to transfer it again for another 12 months.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.