Switching Gamertags Between Accounts

Hey,

I am trying to switch my gamertag to my new Microsoft account I made with my Windows 8 PC.  It is possibly the most frustrating thing I have ever done. :)

So I tried to switch my original gametag over, nice and easy, but it said I already have a gamertag on my new account. Which is what I am posting on right now. Alright, no big deal, I will just transfer this one off (why can't we just delete it? >_>) to a new account I just made solely for the purpose of receiving this useless tag as it says here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

S
o I log onto this account on my Xbox to switch EliteBird043 to the new uselesstagholder account, and it says "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now. For more info, go to xbox.com/accountswap"

All I want to do is put my original gametag on this account. I can't access the original accounts email anymore, though I can log in with no problem and all the security information is updated.

Please help me before I jump off a bridge =P

(Hopefully someone can understand what I just wrote, because I know I can't)

Thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Referencing the link you provided:

"You can move a gamertag to a different Microsoft account only once every 30 days.

This includes new gamertags downloaded from Xbox LIVE.

If you try to move a gamertag before 30 days have passed since the last time you moved it, you’ll get the following error message: Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now."

Have you tried doing this more than once in 30 days?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you moved it within the last 30 days if so you can only move once every 30. That may be what your running into

Sorry this didn't help.

It has not been moved or even used. I just made the Microsoft account 2 days ago. Could it be because its not 30 days old yet, maybe?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="EliteBird043"]

It has not been moved or even used. I just made the Microsoft account 2 days ago. Could it be because its not 30 days old yet, maybe?

[/quote]

That would be exactly why. Give it another 28 days, and then try again.  

Sorry this didn't help.