Swapping email accounts

Okay, i wanted to swap my old email to my new email i currently use for my xbox live account, my old email was spammed and was blocked, i finally got it unblocked and changed the password, so far my old email is the one connected to my xbox account, i tried to swap my emails on my account, it said my new email was associated with another account which it was, i had tried to change my accounts old email to my new one but then somehow it created a new xbox live account with my current email address, i also have a third email i dont use, so i had then went on my xbox and downloaded this free xbox live account with my current email, i then tried to swap my emails and of course it had failed, without any real reason or explanation on telling me how but directed me to the website which would "help" i read what was on the page but there was no real actual information as to how it could help, i have no idea why it has trouble swapping emails on this free account because the email im trying to swap it to isnt affiliated with another account, why does it not work?
my plan was to swap my current email for this dummy (third) email i wouldnt use on the free account that i would also never use, this was so i was able to then swap my old email that was blocked to my current email for my xbox live account i actually use, it would really help me to find out why it isnt working and how to resolve the problem as to why my accounts emails wont swap, can anyone help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:

When you sign into an account with no gamertag on xbox.com or your console  you will be prompt with a message  "To create an Xbox profile--> New Gamertag" Most likely you accepted the terms with your new email. Next time cancel the process or do not sign on to xbox.com or your console at all  after you have created a new account. I recommend you create the account online rather than on the xbox.

Step 1) Create a new account. Do not sign into Xbox.com or the console  with this account.or  it will prompt you to create a new profile(gamertag).

Here is the overview after completing step 1.

• Gamertag A (Main Gamertag)  is linked to Microsoft account 1 (Old Email).
  • Gamertag B (2nd Gamertag) is linked to Microsoft account 2 (2nd Email)
  • Microsoft account 3 is free. (new  email)

Step 2) Sign on to xbox  with your main account.  Change the email associated with  the NEW ACCOUNT

• Gamertag A (Main Gamertag)  is linked to Microsoft account 3 (new  Email).
  • Gamertag B (2nd Gamertag) is linked to Microsoft account 2 (2nd Email)
  • Microsoft account 1 is free. (old email )

You should be done at this point.

Please refer to this guide   Switch a gamertag to another Microsoft account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.