suspended???

Hi im writing to you too ask about why my account XKINGXTUBBX has been suspended, I spoke to a xbox representative off your UK helpline who didnt really explain the situation too me and he found it hard to answer my questions regarding the issue. Apparently I owe Xbox - Microsoft or whoever the sum of £11 for them paying for me to have Xbox live although I had tried to cancel debit cards of a decseased relative who paid for the Xbox live and services they offer. Why could I not remove these cards of of my xbox console or via xbox.com before they decided to start charging me unwillingly. Also does this issue mean that I can not use the standard xbox live silver service.
I have been a very good customer and I am very angered that this has been such an issue and I was not notified of change........

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Because you owe the money, your purchasing privileges/etc. will have been suspended.  Sorry the CS rep didn't explain this properly to you but I'll do what I can to help you go through the steps to get this sorted out.

First off, just to let you know that when you were trying to remove the cards support should have been called to turn off auto renewal (or change the cards if you were having problems).

Now, you are going to have to call support back to get this sorted out.  However, this time when you get the support agent on the phone you should ask to speak with Billing as they are the only ones who can help you.  Tell them the situation and hopefully they'll be able to sort things out for you.

Your only other option is to go to https://billing.microsoft.com and change your payment method/pay the debit there.

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok thanks for yor help I understand this, also on the same conversation I told the "CS rep" too take my credit/debit cards off the console and they are still on there how long does this process take. Have my privellages for xbox silver been suspended aswell? Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

I think you need to call them again so they can explain the charges and what's owed. Or go to https://billing.microsoft.com to see a breakdown of your transactions. We won't be able to give any more information without looking at your account, and only a customer service rep and do that.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you use a credit/debit card to pay for your XBL and there is an active subscription in use then the payment instrument can not be removed until the end of the subscription period. However, in order to remove it you will need to contact support before the end of the subscription and tell them to turn off auto renewal. Then wait for the subscription to run out and the account to revert to free silver status, then you can log in to the billing.microsoft site and edit your payment options there or call support and have them remove it from there.

If you have an outstanding balance on your account you will need to pay that off before you can remove any credit/debit cards as well.

And the auto renewal should be no surprise as MS tells everyone if they use a credit/debit card to pay for XBL that it will auto renew at the end of the subscription term unless you tell them otherwise. It is section 5 of the XBL Terms of Service.

Sorry this didn't help.