suspended, but good till 2013?

tried posting in the banned section, but it hasn't appeared yet. and i'd like some info soon (i imagine that's moderated more for whinny cheaters than a suspension like mine anyway)

my console was banned because my credit card expired.. fine, i was expecting it eventually  (it expired a while a go, but for some reason was able to be charged to another one for my gold.. till now)

my acount says i'm gold till 26/02/2013.. so did it take money from it? or does it just say that's when you're good till even when it fails to get any cash?

second question.. can i sign up with a gold card or through paypal, and delete that credit card/undo auto renew.. and what happens then?

where did this month go? do i owe for it or was it paid? a bit confused there..  i'm thinking it's a grace period, and it'll be taken off whatever gold card i get now (so i'll have 11 months of live instead of 12 when i re-up) .. but don't want to do anything untill i find out for sure.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Check your account at https://billing.microsoft.com and it should show you a balance you owe. What probably happened is that when it was time for your account to renew they did try to charge your card, but weren't able to. So technically it did renew for another year which is why you see that end date, but they haven't receive any money for it yet so the time is suspended. Once you pay off the balance you can get back online, but you may have to check with billing to see if that will still be the date the gold ends or if the date will change.

You cannot use a prepaid gold card until you pay off the balance. You can add another payment method like Paypal or another credit card to pay off the balance then you can remove the expired card and turn off auto-renewal.

If you have any other questions, call support and talk to billing. They can give you better details and can help you sort out the issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

actually, you probably helped a lot more than the guys on the phones do ;)

thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.