Suspect IP address connecting remotely to my xbox one console

Had my xbox one console online for half hour yesterday. Didn't play any games just had it sitting in the menus then I turned it off. I noticed in my router logs that there were about a dozen different ip addresses that's had successfully connected to the xbox. No other devices on my network have ever had this issue it's purely the ip for my xbox receiving these remote logins. I'll post up what the log is showing when I get home  but is quite concerning at this point. 

One of the ip addresses is a Microsoft one via port 3074 but the other lot are all on suspicious ports anything ranging from 27k - 65k and are from countries such as Slovenia, Greece and Russia to name a few...

any ideas? 

Do you have your Xbox in the DMZ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply but no i don't. No dmz server has been specified in the wan setup on my netgear router at all

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What ports do you have forwarded to the Xbox?  I'm guessing you have port 80 forwarded, as many here recommend under the mistaken belief it is needed (largely due to misleading information on the MS support site), and that your log file will show the connection attempts to port 80 and other forwarded ports (it likely does not log attempts to connect to ports that are not forwarded).  These are the only ports you need to forward:

88 UDP

3074 TCP and UDP

and if you have COD Ghosts, also:

3075 TCP and UDP

3076 TCP and UDP

Delete the other port forwards, and I suspect you'll see a lot less in your log.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no ports forwarded. My xbox online work great out of the box. No extra router settings at all. And these ip addresses were connecting on ports like 27555, 57654 etc.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you post at least part of your log?  If the connections are specifically listed as destined for the LAN IP of your Xbox, then those ports are forwarded (perhaps via UPnP), or those are outbound connections being logged (not inbound), or your router is doing something strange.  I've seen at least one other person report similar stuff, and that person had a Netgear router...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No one can actually connect to your xbox.

Its just rogue traffic. Some games are p2p and not everyones xbox uses port 3074 due to UPnP.

Mine sometimes connects using a port number in a high range especially if i previously used my 360.

This would probably show up on someone elses router log as an ip adress from the uk using a high range port number.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 118 Applies to: