Surround Sound Setup Problems

Hi hope someone can help me

I am trying to connect my xbox to my samsung home cinema system and one of the guys at work told me I can use the component cable but only using the red and the white connectors. I have tried this but you cannot fit the hdmi cable and the component cable into the back of the xbox at the same time, due to the component cable have an extra chunk which covers the hdmi socket. Has anyone got any advise or knowledge?

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If your sumsung System as a optical cable in , just get a cable like that .

You can't get surround sound from just the Red and White RCA connections only plain old stereo. Only way to get surround sound out is using the optical out and having a receiver on the other end capable of handling Dolby Digital 5.1 signals. There are ways to modify a component cable to fit in at the same time as the HDMI, but there is also a audio adapter dongle you can buy that gives you just the optical and RCA red and white that is made to fit in along with an HDMI cable.

Try google, but i believe you can remove the plastic around the component connecter.

And you can get surround sound from red and white audio cables. it just wont be discrete digital sound.