Surround Sound not working Like it did on 360

I have my Xbox One HDMI to the TV which has a digital out to my surround sound reciever. Everything else I have used including my Xbox 360 has worked fine with this setup. My reciever does not have an HDMI in only an out. I know it might be a little older but why is it not working as it did on the 360? I have tried all the different options and troubleshoots. For some reason it will work during the Kinect Sound Testing. But when using apps playing games or anything else I get nothing from my back speakers and Sub. Is this Something that can or will be easily fixed or do I need to buy more cords and new surround sound etc. Im really considering bringing it back and waiting for the next version, but I dont think I would make it that long. I really cant afford to go buy a new surround sound system when I had one that was working perfectly fine. Just a lot of money to spend to not have something that seems simple and was in the previous Xbox. Other than that some issues with the drive making noise after disc ejection not sure if normal. Madden 25 crashing to dashboard after games, and the Kinect randomly calling audibles and timeouts( which was something I could turn off). But just overall concern, is this going to get better like I hope it will? some reassurance or time tables from Microsoft would be nice. Or some easier to find information regarding the Sound issues which seem to be all over the place right now. Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Please see my post here:

forums.xbox.com/.../1663053.aspx

Same general explanation applies.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.