Surround sound keeps cutting out while playing MLB 2k11

I just got a new Samsung UN55D6300, and  Samsung HT-D5300 Blu-Ray surround sound system.  My 360 is connected to the TV through HDMI, and the surround system is also connected to the TV through HDMI, no other audio cables.  Whenever I play MLB 2k11, the sound will cut out somtimes.  It only happens when a bat makes contact with a ball, and it does it anywhere from 5 to 10 times in a 9 inning game.  To get the sound back I can either cycle through the inputs on the blu ray player until I get back to the right one, I can switch the tv to another input then back to the 360, or I can unplug the HDMI cable from the 360 and back in - all of these things will make the sound come right back on.  I haven't noticed it with any other game yet, but I mostly play MLB lately.  It never happened on my Vizio with Panasonic home theater system.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm having this same exact problem. Samsung HDTV (UN55D6900WF) and an Samsung HTIB (HT-D5300). The Xbox 360 is connected to the TV via HDMI and the TV is connected to the HTIB via HDMI and an optical audio cable. Randomly, the audio will just completely cut out and I have to cycle through the inputs or turn the HTIB off and back on. This seems to only be affecting newer games. I've spent hours in Mass Effect and Halo: Reach without a single problem but Gears of War 3 and now RAGE both present this problem. Turning off the HTIB and using the TV's, I haven't run into the problem at all. I'd love to hear if anyone else is/was having this problem as well and if anyone has any work arounds that don't eliminate the 5.1 surrounds sound, that would also be great.

The same thing happens to me with the same exact sound system and tv, but with cod black ops 2. I really wish there was an answer, but I have none. It seems best just to use the tv's audio instead.