Surround sound issue...NOT A TV SET TOP.

Good day;

I have notice over the course of my time with xbox one...that whenever I play a movie, via xbox video or blu-ray; I have to keep messing with the sound options to be able to hear anything properly.  (properly being sarcastic, sound becomes non-surround)
with 5.1 set, I get music, background noise, etc, but NOT speech directly in "front" of the "camera". It comes in very muffled on the other speakers and sounds really far away.

Current setup is the xbox to my home theater to my tv.

again this is NOT A TV BOX ISSUE...seeing as everything I search for surround wise ends up linking me to that problem...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Hey there Broketoon!

Can you describe your setup to us? Do you have your console connected directly to your TV with nothing in between? Or do you have your console connected through a sound system/receiver?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. Xbox via hdmi AND optical to reciever (only way to get surround half the time) then out via hdmi to my tv. Tv is only a display, available reciever is my sound and on most video sources (bluray, Netflix, Hulu, dvds. Games) I get everything but the center channel audio fine. Voices are muffled or non existent. Second xbox do I g the same thing so its not faulty hardware but software.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem but it is not a hardware issue.  I tried two different xbox and every setting I could find.  Then I tried this:  Go download the "xbox video" app and play a trailer from one of their movies and you will see your center channel (surround sound) works.  For now it seems like most Netflix and Hulu content is not surround sound compatible on the xbox one.  A big let down if you ask me.

Sorry this didn't help.