Surround Sound Interference

For months I'd been trying to figure out why I was always being disconnected from Xbox Live.

I have finally found the problem, it's my surround sound system. The two back speakers are wireless and appear to be interfering with the Xbox. Every time I am disconnected, I turn off the SS unit and I can connect again, but immediately disconnected once I turn the SS unit back on.

Is there a way to fix this without moving things around? I have limited space to put things and don't want to have to put the Xbox on one side of the room with the SS unit on the other.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I would say your easiest/fastest solution would be to connect the console via ethernet cable. Personally, I put my modem and router in the entertainment center so my house still has wifi, but I can plug my consoles in directly. Otherwise, can you attach the speakers via cables, or are they strictly wifi?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same exact problem i cant connect my back ones by wire either, wondering how far away does my xbox have to be away from the surround sound reciever

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there detroit playa10!

Since this thread is over three years old, please post a new thread with troubleshooting steps you have tried. That way our amazing community can provide support tailored specifically to you! Thanks! :D

Sorry this didn't help.