surround sound headsets?

ok so i know about the upcoming polk headset and turtlebeach, but are either surround sound? the adapter's for sale state they are stereo adapters, which seems a bit odd. basically these headsets are trash and 2 have broke just sitting on my table and being generally used *absolutely no abuse*  i need a solid headset, but i refuse to pay 160$ for some stereo junk. i have an old pair of tritton true surround sound headphones, you know the one's with multiple drivers not just emulated. THOSE were headphones, i could really sense the directions of heli's flying over etc. they still work but i lost a foam earpiece but they're pc only thus why i am on a search for surround sound headphones for the x1. i also have a pair of pulse headphones from my ps3 and the surround sound on those are fantastic, be it the bass is a bit much. neither headsets coming for the x1 are listed as surround sound so i fear microsoft is still just not caring about the audio situation on xbox. if it wasn't for my friend base i would simply give up buying multiplatform games on x1 and just go back to my gaming pc for the surround sound. really hoping they don't drop the ball on this. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i just hope Xbox one can support my Bose C5 soon ~~~ but yeah~,they really need enhance our AV( i mean Audio & Video) experiences!!!!

[quote user="L0st1nMyM1nd"]ok so i know about the upcoming polk headset and turtlebeach, but are either surround sound?[/quote]Most headsets are not surround sound in terms of physical drivers.[quote]the adapter's for sale state they are stereo adapters,[/quote]They are. They support a left and right channel as well as a mic.[quote]i have an old pair of tritton true surround sound headphones, you know the one's with multiple drivers not just emulated.[/quote]Having multiple drivers right next to your ear does not mean you get a better surround field than headsets which rely on DSPs to provide a surround field.[quote]they're pc only[/quote]Unless there's a model that didn't take optical input, they should not be PC only.[quote]neither headsets coming for the x1 are listed as surround sound so i fear microsoft is still just not caring about the audio situation on xbox.[/quote]It's the exact opposite. Microsoft is taking care to get Dolby Digital working properly. Mixing multiple audio sources and then encoding it on the fly is a non-trivial exercise. A slight bit of latency in the audio path is noticeable. Until they have the details worked out, uncompressed (and for some strange reason dts) are the formats of the day.[quote user="laohuxia1982"]i just hope Xbox one can support my Bose C5 soon[/quote]They won't support it. USB audio devices aren't supported and there's no indication they ever will be.

O think no the reason why their are no official surround sound headsets is because  the spdif currently doesn't support surround sound, only stereo.  Be a bit of a waste (and a possible legal nightmare) to release surround sound headsets, if the Xbox One can currently in not do stereo.

I think I'm gonna get the 80 dollar headset msoft announced for the xbox one.  What I find appealing is being able to play and/or watch tv without disturbing my girlfriend sleeping next to me late night.