Surely by now...............................

So its 2002-2005 and the original xbox has a few games hitting 720p with the official Microsoft Advanced AV pack, games such as 25 to life, Amped 2, crash kart nitro, MVP Base ball 2004, MX unleshed, NBA2K3, Soul caliber 2, Tony Hawks pro skater 4,  X-men legends, aswell as various others are outputing in 720p.

In 2008 onwards an  few xbox 360 games run in 1080p native like Sega tennis,  Rock star table tennis, Rage and a few others,

So why in 2014 is 1080p not the absolute basic standard for the xbox-one? Call of duty Ghosts on xboxone is closer in terms of resolution to the xbox360 than it is to PS4. I believe COD Ghosts runs at 640p on XBOX-360, 720p on XBOX-ONE then a MASSIVE jump upto 1080p on PLAYSTATION 4..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

to be fair, not all ps4 games are 1080p so it not just the XB1 ... you mean why isn't 1080p standard in the 8th generation ...

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, Cloud can you not get rid of rubbish like this it's been done to death.

Mod Edited

hahahaha gary ... is the cloud just to get rid of posts we have seen before, missed that one :)

Proof that CUL is not about post quality.

If you are that worried about p's, then you should go PC only and join the 1440p crowd. Even then resolution does not make a graphically superior title. Even then graphics do not make a game.

@ingoish Eh, ?

@Cosmic,

This is not a psot about PC gaming its about console gaming. An having stated in 2004 we had 720p, in 2008 we had 1080p its reasonable to poner why in 2014 1080p is not the basic standard.

Nowhere in this post do I say graphics make a game although great graphics really can help immerse a player. If you can't answer in a sensible and mature manor just ignore the thread. It will drop off the front page.

I see plenty of threads on here day in day out that I see as pointless, but I ignore them, leave the posters alone to discuss what they want. I see posts stating every other post on here how they aren't fanboys, don't understand how others get wound up by threads/posts then there next sentence is a wound up rage comment about the comment in a thread. If you like the thread and can add to it, comment in it. If you're just going to troll the thread then grow up and ignore it.

@Cosmic,

This is not a post about PC gaming its about console gaming. An having stated in 2004 we had 720p, in 2008 we had 1080p its reasonable to ponder why in 2014 1080p is not the basic standard.

Nowhere in this post do I say graphics make a game although great graphics really can help immerse a player. If you can't answer in a sensible and mature manor just ignore the thread. It will drop off the front page.

I see plenty of threads on here day in day out that I see as pointless, but I ignore them, leave the posters alone to discuss what they want. I see posters stating every other post on here how they aren't fanboys, don't understand how others get wound up by threads/posts, then their next sentence is a wound up rage comment about a comment in a thread. If you like the thread and can add to it, comment in it. If you're just going to troll the thread then grow up and ignore it.

The problem is as you well know is that the subject has been done to death on here and all it does is attract the ps4 trolls, time to give it a rest.

The original xbox would run some games in 1080i, one such title was the Hulk game! just thought i'd throw that in there.

Also ingoish made the best point, why arnt all ps4 games also hitting 1080p? as at the moment OP it just looks like your trolling.

P.S i own a PS4 and play it more than my xone before you use the fanboy comment.

I know quite a few peeps who are and were game devs and the general consensus seems to be that technically speaking the X1 shouldn't have any problems at all and the current disparity between X1 and PS4 can only really be because tools and support on how to get the best out of them has been lacking.

According to MS that's all been sorted now though, so we should start seeing the X1 hitting the mark in future... how long it'll be remains to be seen.