Support told me to come here, I just need a space in between my gamertag I made 3hrs ago...

I was told to come here reguarding a gamertag change. I made this gamer tag 3hrs ago or so and I forgot a space in between my name, tried support but Aaron gave me the run around for over an hour (Check his chat log if you can) Then I started talking to Roi, he told me to come here, and here I am..

But all I need a space in between lnfinite and Reps please....I've been at this for over 4hrs.......

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 82 Applies to:

Hey, this is something that would need to be handled by phone support, i would suggest contacting phone support again to get this issue resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry there is no way to add a space to a name as the system does not recognize tags with spaces or no spaces or caps no caps.  davemcfly85 and dave mcfly 85 are considered the same tag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, there's no way Phone support can help you either.

Some gamertags do indeed have spaces in them, but let's put it this way: If my Gamertag was Tenth Street Red, the system would still recognize it was TenthStreetRed, even though it appears to have spaces.

The only way to change your Gamertag now, because it does not violate the Terms of Use, would be to pay to have a Gamertag change, though I'm not sure simply adding a space is worth it.

On that note, I wouldn't worry so much about the space. Your Gamertag is fine as it is. It's clearly two words, and many people (Including myself!) smoosh multiple words together for the sake of their tag.

Sorry this didn't help.