Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

As there is no forum for SSFIV yet (no doubt it will turn up after the DLC/retail disc for arcade edition is released), I thought I would start a discussion thread for this here.

If this article is to believed then the new achievements will be:

• The Awakening – As if you could ever defeat Evil Ryu in Arcade Mode on the hardest difficulty. See for yourself! – 50G
  • Birth of the Oni – To surpass the power of Oni, you must defeat him in Arcade Mode on the hardest setting. – 50G
  • Just Enough – Dude, just clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher without using a continue with Yun! Piece of cake! – 10G
  • Up to Snuff – Clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher without using a continue with Yang. It’s simple! – 10G
  • Overwhelming Power – If you seek power, clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher without using a continue with Evil Ryu. – 10G
  • Transcendent – Ascend beyond oneself by clearing Arcade Mode on Medium or higher without using a continue with Oni. – 10G
  • New Threads – Use a new Title and Icon, and fight in one Xbox Live match. Right on! – 10G
  • Prep Time - You need study materials to make your battle plan.  Follow one player in the Leaderboards. - 10G

I can see the first two being a problem for me, I have only just managed to clear SSFIV on Hardest and there is no doubt in my mind that there will be conditions for meeting Evil Ryu and Oni that will make this a challenge.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

My pre-order arrived yesterday and I managed a couple of hours on this last night.  Evil Ryu and Oni play just like improved versions of Ryu and Akuma, much like I expected, and I felt very comfortable with them.  Yun was easy enough for me to pick up but I didn't find the same with Yang.

I'm not noticing any major differences with my main, Gouken, but I was getting slightly more wins than normal last night.  Need to remember that his counter has changed though (could be a bit disorientating if switching between Vanilla and AE).

A small disappointment in that there is not unique opening scene's to the Rival battles, feels like they rushed this part.  

The game discussion forum for Super Street Fighter IV is now up!

forums.xbox.com/.../1832.aspx

Capcom have now announced that 2 alternative outfits for the 4 new characters, these will cost 320MSP for the lot and will be available on 5th July.

Oni's second costume features battle damage.

More

[quote user="BigSilverBear"]

I hope the conditions for getting to Evil Ryu or Oni aren't silly... but they probably will be.

[/quote]Zangief: LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB,LB,LB super. lol.

[quote user="Placid Casual"]

[quote user="BigSilverBear"]

I hope the conditions for getting to Evil Ryu or Oni aren't silly... but they probably will be.

[/quote]Zangief: LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB,LB,LB super. lol.

[/quote]

I can see a lot of people doing it that way, I have heard that you can still get away with spamming the lariat in AE.

Apparently the conditions are the same as for Akuma and Gouken, only that you finish Seth with an Super or Ultra combo.