Super Lag but Decent Speed?

I have horrible lag but it occurs on somewhat of a monthly/bimonthly basis. Some months I play fine others I don't. I have Comcast as an ISP and up to 12mbps download and 5-6mbps upload. I've tested it and I get 6mbps upload and 4mbps download which is decently fast. I've tried QoS and my NAT is open and it stil lags like crazy. Also my router lets me do "safe mode" in which only pre-approved MAC addresses are allowed in regardless of whether or not you have the right WPA2-PSK [AES] passphrase. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Does this happen when your running wireless? If so, try using a wired setup to see if it makes a difference.

If this is not the case with either connection setup, make sure your router doesn't have excessive configurations happening together such as having port forwarding, DMZ, UPnP, on together. Just pick an option like UPnP only and leave others off. Then reboot your console and/or router if needed, and try again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This happens wireless and I can't exactly plug it in directly, but I'll try. Also this has been happening for a while. I only recently put UPnP and port fowarding on. The thing that throws me off is the cyclic nature of the problem. I had trouble in June and it worked in July-September and now that October has rolled around it is back to lagging.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone know why my connection is bad on a bimonthly basis even though the speed is decent?

Sorry this didn't help.

If your connection is changing that much from month to month, I would contact your ISP and ask them why. It really should be fairly consistent.

Sorry this didn't help.