Super Dark

I have a Pioneer Plasma.  All the video from the Xbox is super dark and I have to run the brightness all the way up on my games to be able to see anything.  The Cable and DVD systems tat are also connected to the reciver seem to be fine.  It is on the Xbox.  Any ideals?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi! Have you tried a different cable or a different input on the TV?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I suspect that this will be a non-360 issue, if it persists after trying different cables, or if you have used the same cables on a different TV where it looked OK. You might want to wander through the menus on the TV - it's probably a straight-forward setting in there somewhere. Many TV's now have different settings for different inputs. Try these steps to isolate the problem. You don't say how you connect, so for the sake or demonstration I will assume HDMI.

1) It sounds like you have a receiver between the TV and the other devices - remove this and connect the 360 directly to the input on the TV. If it looks fine, the receiver is the problem. If it still looks dark when the 360 is jacked straight into the TV, go to step 2.

2) Replace the cable between the Xbox and TV - if it solves the problem, the cable was faulty. If not:

3) Disconnect the Xbox and connect a different device, say the DVD player, using the same HDMI cable - if it is still dark, this will be your TV that is the cause of the problem. Check though the menus on your TV - there may be specific settings for that input that you can change. If these make no difference, or if there are no settings to tweak, you may need to return the TV as faulty, or get it repaired. If, however, everything looks OK, and every other device looks fine when connected directly to the TV and it is just the 360 that seems dark, this may be your console that is having an issue, and you may need to contact support for a possible solution.

Technical faults can be a pain, but if you follow a process of elimination you can usually find the cause of the fault quite quickly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.