Suggestions for 2 Red Rings Of Death Cure

Hey What's Goin On Everyone!

I have a Fat Xbox 360 Arcade and i recently experienced the 2 Red Rings Of Death! However, I only get the red rings on games like Need For Speed Most Wanted, Ninja Blade, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Basically games that have high velocity graphics, It works fine on  games like Midnight Club:L.A and Halo: Reach and other arcade games i recently played like Magic 2012, Minecraft and TMNT:OOTS. 

My question is, is this Just Dust inside my console or is this one of those heatsinks that have gone bad. I have an Out of warranty Xbox and i do not want to spend money on sending it to microsoft. I am gonna try to vacuum it. But the question is it safe. Please reply asap! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Didact!

Since lower intensity games are fine on it and it only struggles when you're playing higher intensity games, it just sounds like your console needing a repair. It's possible that dusting your console will help, however we always recommend not performing any sort of unofficial repairs on your console.

If you change your mind about getting your console repaired, here's a link to explain how to get your Xbox product repaired. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.