**Suggestion** Allow chat audio through speakers while headset is plugged in

I posted this in the update preview forums, but am not sure if those are actively monitored when no preview build is in beta. Reposting here.

I would like to re-introduce the suggestion to allow us to switch our chat audio to play through speakers (television, surround system, headphones, etc.) even with the chat headset plugged in. This was an option on the 360, but on the One, when the chat headset is plugged in, the audio defaults to the headset. So, for those of us with surround sound headsets, we can't hear the voice with the chat headset plugged in.

I bring this up again now because, after waiting months for the chat adapter to become available, it appears that MS only made approximately 6 adapters (give or take) available to the country, rendering them sold out faster than Titanfall. Our only choices are 1. to spend $80 on the full headset we don't need just to get the adapter, 2. to pay the gougers on eBay more than double the ERP for the adapter, or 3. to wait who knows how many more months for the adapters finally to become widely available.

An excellent compromise would be to be able to wear our chat headsets around our necks to talk into while still hearing voices through our headphones. Seems like a pretty straightforward fix. Be a lot easier than spending $60-$80 over retail for an adapter that should've been WAY more available than it is.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I believe Microsoft already know about this as it got mentioned numerous times during the beta, (I mean every other thread mentioned it)

In due time I reckon we will see this added.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey man! I know I only saw it mentioned about 3 times since the console released, and I get the sense that the prevailing opinion now is, "We released the adapter, problem solved." I'm hoping to get the idea out there that the problem really isn't solved since so few of us had a chance to get our hands on one. (Not even enough were shipped to cover preorders.) This is a much easier and quicker solution.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.