Sudden Disconnection From Xbox LIVE ??

I sent an email to xbox customer support, They told me to ring xbox phone support, i rang phone support, they told me to post a new topic here because they cant help me,

Until a few weeks ago i had no problem with connection to games, hardly ever had any lag, and hardly ever had any connection problems when signing into xbox live itself during startup of my xbox.

Approximately 3 weeks ago i was playing Call Of Duty Black Ops, with my gamertag, and a friends gamertag signed in to play split screen, after a match we were invited to a party with a recent player from the previous game, when we joined we were both instantly signed out from xbox live, ejected from the game to the xbox dashboard, and could not sign back in, after about 5 minutes we were both allowed to sign back in, i reset the modem, and the xbox, after signing back in we noticed serious lag in almost all of our games, lost connection to hosts, had long waits while trying to join matches, this happened to a variety of games, Black Ops, Homefront, Naruto Storm 2, Halo Reach, Halo 3, GTA 4 (Original + TBOGT Multiplayer)

On top of that, My playercard for Black Ops, has automatically changed to my default rank, instead of the playercard i made myself... TWICE.

This has been going on the whole time since then, and again this morning i was signed out of xbox live, and couldnt sign back in for around ten minutes,

I rang my internet service provider last week, they said my internet connection is fine, the support rep i spoke to this morning when i rang xbox customer support asked me to do a speed test, and said that there is no reason why i should be experiencing lag while playing games because im getting very good speeds.

The Xbox Customer Support Rep, suggested that its highly possible i may have been hacked, i have already changed my password, but the problem persists, EVEN when the xbox is the only thing using the internet...

My housmate can play games with no hassles on his PS3

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

State/Country: QLD Australia

Modem brand & model number: Netgear DG834GU v5 Modem/Router

Network Connection Type: Wired

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled: Unknown

Is NAT Type Open: Yes

What type of internet do you have: ADSL2

Who is your ISP: Optus

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there! Can you run the http://speedtest.net again and post the results here, just so I have them. Also, you mentioned you are connected via wire, how is your roommate's PS3 connected? Is it on a different router or modem? Try connecting there and see if it makes a difference. Lastly, you weren't "hacked", as such a thing on our service just isn't possible. If someone had control of your account, you wouldn't just be having lag issues, so I wouldn't worry about that. Let me know what happens with the suggestions above. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

UpnP: ON

8.91 mbps DOWN

0.69 mbps UP

32ms PING

PS3 wired to same modem/router, even though it gets perfect connection, and the xbox doesnt, even when nothing else is using the internet

First time in this house in six months ive ever had consisitent lag problems

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, I'm not sure why a phone agent would suggest the connection issues you're experiencing are a result of being hacked; do you have an SR number from that call? Also, your speeds to look sufficient for online gaming. What comes up when you run a LIVE connection test?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi , what about the pingtest results, can you run that and post the link to the results rather than scrape details in, after its finished there will be an open to copy a forum link

Sorry this didn't help.

Ping Test results, [View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/44754806.png]

when i do an xbox LIVE connection test, it says i ham connected and everything is fine, when i click the status option the following codes appear

W:0000 - 000B

X:0000 - F001

Y:20A8 - 48E0

Z:0000 - 0000

ID:FFFF - FFFF

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks good to me, although (I know its obvious) but you are in Australia and if you are playing people in the states (most likely as they are the biggest player base) you are likely to see some lag against them its just the laws of physics.

Do you have anyone else on the network eating up bandwidth, downloading/uploading, streaming, Youtube etc?

Sorry this didn't help.