Such an ugly box

Why did MS pick such a flat basic design this time around?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/15/microsoft-shows-off-the-first-retail-xbox-one-box/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its just a box bro!

Whereas I agree that the form factor isn't that important I see where Dirt is coming from lol you are after all going to have to look at the thing for at least the next decade lol

He's talking about the box it comes in though, judging by the link

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

Its just a box bro!

[/quote]

I know but make it more pleasing to the eyes.

Sorry but I never gave a damn what the BOX looked like on any console. I look at the TV not the console. Most people are the same. I am more interested on what is on the TV (hope to god great graphics)

I have a black TV, black sky box(bit silver ok) Black blue ray (?) This will fit in to a degree. This is a non issue to most. I for one will not be licking the XBone (even if it gets hot lol)

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

Its just a box bro!

[/quote]

I know but make it more pleasing to the eyes.

[/quote]Draw a smiley face on it or something!

I got to admit if it's the packaging then that's very bland marketing on Microsoft's part.  You would think it would tell you what it is ie X Box Entertainment System you would at leaste think it would have Master Chief or Forza 5 pic on or something that tell's you it is a console.  It's not attractive on the eyes at all and just looks plain dull!

just figured they would have a nice box to present their product

don't know if it is an indication of things to come but....

Packaging really matters as it's the first thing people see when they walk into their local game shop.  If you got good packaging on your product then you stand out from the crowd.  If you do a market research on any product on the high street.  One of the 1st questions in the survey is how appealing is the packaging, you usually have to rate it.  But the box is dull, no imagination, no creativity it does lack.  Most people keep their boxes too just in case repair issues etc.