Subscription service.

Hi I am new to the Xbox a few days ago , just went on word of mouth  bought it on impulse and have just found out I can't use it to stream Netflix or love film or use YouTube etc., feel a bitt  miffed ( but not hateful ) about having to pay extra on top to use services I already pay for , but I will certainly try the month free subscription to see if there is any benefits at all to paying and if not then I will continue to access Netflix etc. just via my TV Network connection as before, the choice is mine I guess , pay for some small enhancements or to play online or just use it as a games console and play from disc.

" You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its what we all have to pay for who use Xbox live.  

I'm sorry but it's how Xbox live works. The perks of paying for gold is having access to these apps. A little research goes a long way when it comes to making a purchase like this.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

[quote user="CrabbedBarley01"]

just went on word of mouth  bought it on impulse and have just found out I can't use it to stream Netflix or love film or use YouTube etc.,

[/quote]

Honestly, the only person you should fell miffed at is yourself. A 5 second internet search could have easily turned up all the information on Xbox and Xbox Live that would have better informed you before making the purchase.

Lets chalk this all up to another irresponsible consumer purchasing a luxury product they know nothing about.

seriously for the items you mentioned just use your PC.

You would be a late comer to the party it seems.  The truth is, year subscriptions from retailers that have them on sale is the most economical way to buy Xbox Live Gold.  Xbox Live is a internet based multiplayer service.  The most value in the service is online gaming,  The secondary's are a few sales on Xbox Arcade sales.  

-

For a taste I'd have to say try Happy Wars for a good free game to play with your trial.  Xbox is all about online matchmaking.   If you happen to be a subscriber to Netflix, a gamer, and a Windows Media Center user like myself Xbox is a no-brainer.

I just picked up 4 years of live from game (UK) for less than £100

Could have bought the latest and greatest from Microsoft Studios with that money. Oh wait. There are none. When they have so many people suckered into paying for a service, there are not really many reasons to develop games. Take away the fee and M$ would have to become a better software company.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

When they have so many people suckered into paying for a service, there are not really many reasons to develop games. 

[/quote]

Murder, you always seem to chime in on these threads that involve paying for gold and I have to wonder why you also pay when you seem to loathe the company so much. It's an honest question. I'm just curious.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Because I get it free.

Someone else pays for you or whatever.

You still support them by making someone or something pay for you.

There is no difference in all that, you are "sucked into paying for a service" too

It is not you money but you do something to get gold for free. 

You are not different to us.