Stuttering/freezing in some games...

I have a Reach Slim, and up until yesterday it was working fine. I was playing Renegade Ops last night though, and I noticed that occasionally (usually when there were screen-filling explosions or a lot of action going on) the sound would freeze/stutter and the gameplay would stop for a second, and then it would continue. This happened maybe four times in 2 hours.

Then a bit ago tonight, I was playing Black Ops multiplayer. I thought at first that I was just lagging, but it turned out to be basically the same thing, since I tried it in offline mode. The screen would skip around and stutter, and voices would sound stuttered for a second. Only on Black Ops, it would happen almost consistently for the duration of the game, whereas in Renegade Ops it was only once in a while.

I just finished Arkham City 2 days ago, and did not have a single issue with it the entire time. So it's either something that spontaneously developed last night, or just a weird anomoly. Has anyone else ever encountered something like this? Any suggestions on how to fix it (and yes, I've cleared my cache :p)? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Grey, sorry to hear about the stuttering issue! I'm curious, is Black Ops installed to the HDD? If not, can you try installing it to see if the same thing happens?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.