Stupid question but have to ask

If i use Kinect for in game chat am guessing anyone in the house who speaks people will hear them in the lobby or party.

anyway to drown them out 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

why would a headset mic be any different?  but to be honest.... the sound is directional towards the controller... it should partially block out the surrounding noise and focus on you alone...yeah.. things will get heard,,,, but not as much as you would think (this all being that your Kinect is properly calibrated)

Yes it will pick up anything and everything.

Yes I have heard the a lot of voices/noises in the backround while playing against people who have their kinect turned on as a mic. It can be switched off as a setting which allows the kinect to work but not be used as a mic for in game chat.

Ok thanks so am guessing you just turn on chat..then when am on cod ghost people will hear me if i talk.will there be a microphone showing up like if you had a headset

My mic not working well.i like to pause and unpause when talking so people dont hear my son playing

I can imagine this being a big problem.  A lot of my friends play in very noisy households.

yep he likes to make a noise and i dont think its fair for others to hear him, i dont fancy buying another xbox headset id rather wait for a turtle beach

Yes I have been paranoid about people hearing my conversations and my dog barking while having my kinect on so now I just have it switched off chat when I am not in a party. Sometimes I like using it as a mic though.

The Kinect does filter out some background noise, like the game your playing, but some other noise do get through. It seams about the same as a head mic.

Messiah....on the sound callibration,,, wack ya volumn up as much as poss.....when it asks without distortion of the sound....this then separates tv volimn and sets the filtering of external noise,from your voice while holding the controller while playing,.which will minimize the amount of family noise when ya playing.  :)

-

Awesome bit of kit!