Stuck on the "Signing in" window!! Please help

I am unable to connect to XBOX Live. I've tried all of the diagnostics and everything seems to check out ok. According to my console, I should be able to connect to xbox live without any difficulty. When I hit 'A' to sign into my profile and hit A again to select my profile, the "Signing in" window would appear with the animated loading circle. But nothing happens after that. The Signing in window was "loading" for 4hrs yesterday before I turned off my xbox. Any suggestions?

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

If this is the first time this has happened, try powering down your xbox 360 and unplug your router and your modem. Wait 30 seconds then put back in your modem (wait till all your lights and a connection is established), then your router (same as before, till all lights are on) and then finally your xbox 360 and try again.

If this is not the first occasion for this issue, then fill out the bolded information from this link (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/9.aspx) to assess further information for a remedy:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number:
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried:
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Is NAT Type Open?
Any Error Codes you encounter:
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried all of the options and still receive the same result

I just cant log into my profile. I'm sure if I can connect to my profile, I can get online. I tried logging on without being connected to the internet and I am receiving the same result

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there - have you tried recovering your Gamertag? That would likely help - to do so, follow the steps here: support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile

Sorry this didn't help.