Stuck in system update failed loop

I was trying to update my xbox with the latest update using a usb stick as I don't currently have internet and after about 5 minutes, the update failed. I rebooted the console and no it goes straight to a white screen that says applying update but almost instantly it fails and gives this error code 3151-351f-b900-0402-c005-3002. I have tried the half open tray, placing the system update on a cd, tried a dvd, tried a different usb stick and nothing works. Any help would be most appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Thanks for the replies Talax. Yeah i bought this thing like 2 years ago so finding the guy that sold it to me would be impossible. After you said that it might be because of the drive being modded or replaced and seeing that the warranty sticker was already removed I decided to take it apart just to check things out. I think that you are right and that this is not the original drive to the console because I noticed that the date on the top of the drive is september 2006 but the manufacturing date of the console is december 2007. It sucks but ahh well, I guess I won't be buying my next one from craigslist. :) Is there any way to find out what the original drive for this 360 was? Maybe I could have it replaced and see if the update would work? Anyway, thanks for the responses Talax.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

did you change the DVD drive, flash it, or was the xbox refurbished?

Sorry this didn't help.

the only supported fix for this is to send it in to MS.  However, if the console has been tampered with, I am not sure if they will touch it.

There are other ways around this, however they all require you to breach the terms of use, as well as knowledge as to what the original DVD manufacturer and model # of the DVD was in there when the console was new (for example:  Samsung model #xxx).

My recommendation is to try to take it up with the person you bought it with.  I know that'll probably be difficult.

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought the 360 off of craigslist after my original got rrod so I have no idea whats been done to the console. I just popped the faceplate off and it seems that the warranty sticker has been removed so I'm assuming that the original owner has tampered with it. Does this mean that I know have a large paper weight?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure if it's possible.  It certainly can't be discussed on this forum.

Sorry this didn't help.