Strider coming to XBLA?

Capcom is preparing a new Stryder game for release, say the latest reports.

Uncovered via some Xbox Live Arcade box art and a banner, as well as a Steam achievement, all the evidence points towards a PC, XBLA and PlayStation Network release in the near future.

Strider was an action platformer with a futuristic aesthetic that hit arcades in the late 80s and was subsequently ported to consoles in the early 90s. Made by Capcom, the game has subsequently picked up something of a cult following.

It is not known, however, exactly what form the game will take. Some kind of HD Remix re-release is likely, if Capcom’s recent treatment of their back catalogue is anything to go by, but who knows it may be a new take on the series.

Capcom is expected to announce two new games at PAX East this week.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14404-Strider-Coming-to-XBLA-.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="ResidentWebbo"]

What was the platform game which was similar but the man had a wolf/dog with him?

[/quote]

I remember that ( not the name though lol ) this is going to seriously bug me now :) 

I was a big fan of the original Stryder title back in the day, so I was fairly excited when I heard they were remaking it a few years back. Now that game for me just did not work, didn't feel like Stryder in the least. But if this incarnation is more a HD redo of the original I'm keen.

Fingers crossed....

Shadow Dancer!!...I knew it was in my head somewhere.

I loved the soundtrack to it aswell.

-

The megadrive sequel was pants though.

What was the platform game which was similar but the man had a wolf/dog with him?

@Mister Buzzbee THINK!! Haha

Cool, really enjoyed Strider on the Mega Drive, I wasn't too good at it, and died alot but I loved the design of everything. A HD redo will suit me to see if my gamer skillz have improved, (hint: probably not)

[quote user="Chucky IX"]

Cool, really enjoyed Strider on the Mega Drive, I wasn't too good at it, and died alot but I loved the design of everything. A HD redo will suit me to see if my gamer skillz have improved, (hint: probably not)

[/quote]

I wasn't too good at it either, mind you if I remember corrrectly it was quite a tricky game ;) 

[quote user="ResidentWebbo"]

Shadow Dancer!!...I knew it was in my head somewhere.

[/quote]

Thank god for that lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJs-D8hjKA