Strict NAT type with Motorola Wireless DSL modem.

Hey forums,

I recently had a technician come to my house around 9AM (CENTRAL) and replace my original 2Wire modem with a Motorola Wireless DSL Modem *3347-02-1022.  The first thing I did was connect my iPhone and then go on Xbox and set that up.  When I was doing the connection test, I saw the strict NAT type popup.  I thought this was kind of weird, but it being almost a new modem that's normal.  -- I tried contacting AT&T about this issue and some lady who barely spoke English told me that she can't help me because I never purchased the 3rd party package for support.  I pay a lot to keep my four iPhone's in my house, internet, and my house phone.  I really think it is horrible that AT&T does this, but it is how they make money.  Majority of the support is what they read in a manual or stuff they read in a book.  Anyways, this is not the problem.

I'm not very sure how to use this panel, I barely even got used it.  If I knew where everything was, I would most likely fix this problem by myself.  When I had my 2Wire I never had this problem and I never did portfoward.  I've tried numerous sollutions that tech support told me (Microsoft) and nothing worked.  Joe told me that it is time to portfoward but he couldn't help me.  Motorola isn't a Microsoft product so Microsoft won't help me there.  He did tell me to open all my ports but I know that would be a security breach if some hacker wanted to hack me.  I also can't find where to enable UNDP or whatever it is called.  I also tried looking at portfoward and my modem doesn't pop up.

I really appreciate it guys.  I would appreciate any help, just don't post stuff that is needless.  Thank you.

Nickolaus

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey mate, this guide is really good for resolving those NAT issues. Please let us know if you have any questions along the way. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.