Strict Nat Type- I think I've tried everything.

Of the four troubleshooting techniques listed on the xbox support page, I've tried all but "simplifying my setup" because it's unrealistic for a network shared by five people. I even tried changing my xbox's IP address to one outside the DHCP range to make sure it doesn't share an IP with any other console on the network. But I still have a strict Nat type. I can provide my details if I have to but it could be a hardware issue. (**** modem and Belkin router)

We can help better if you fully describe the situation and put all the details and any error codes you get.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i had the same problem with no sucess, i finally just switched to a netgear router and it opened up my nate type automatically and i haven't had any problems since

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here are the deets guys.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? U.S.

Modem brand & model number: Arris- Model Number TM502G/CT

Router brand & model number: Belkin N300 Wireless N Router Model Number F9K1002V2

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? n/a

Things you have tried: restarting router, modem, and xbox. Forwarding ports. Making sure UPnP or whatever is on. Changing my xbox's IP address to one outside the DHCP range.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Yes, it is strict. Upon doing an xbox live connection test, the yellow exclamation point appears between the network and internet icons.

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Insight Broadband

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-48E0

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F0

Q: 0015-10F1

T: Wired ("you should not experience a NAT issue if using a wired connection")

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

S: Not listed.

C: Not listed.

An ethernet cable runs from the back of my console to the belkin router which is connected to the arris modem. A mod in another post told me his hunch (for why my xbox "could connect to the internet but not to xbox live" - a problem that may or may not have been recently and mysteriously resolved) was that the arris modem is the culprit since it isn't on the compatible hardware list. And while my NAT hasn't been open in a long time, I still ask: Why, if I've had this modem for months, would it just now be this strict- and perhaps so much so that it causes me not to be able to reach live? Does anyone know if something is up with live?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright man, thanks for the in-depth link. It IS saying my NAT is open, but we should consider that it did yesterday (before I really troubleshot it) before switching it back to strict. I ended up using the DMZ thing on my router after changing my xbox's IP address and disabling the ports I had forwarded. Although I could be "double-NATing" considering my modem but I couldn't figure out how to check that.

Again, thanks for the help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do you mean, are you saying after following that link is it now Open? You shouldn't be double NAT'ing.

When you look at the WAN/Internet IP address on the Belkin does it start with an ip address of 192 or 10 or 172? If it doesnt you won't be double NATing

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I think I'm good now. Thanks for the help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good stuff, if you can accept the answer it will go green as answered, enjoy! :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 22 Applies to: