strict NAT problems with belkin model f7d1301 v1

allright, so i read the NAT sticky and tried a torrent to things to resolve this problem

i previously had my UPNP on, my 88,80,53, and 3074 ports forwarded in tcp and udp , and i even tried using DMZ, but no matter what i do my NAT will not open at all

honestly, its not a problem with a lot of games, mainly things made by activision, i find, and unfortunately red dead redemption(which if you have anything other than an open NAT, the game apparently believes that you dont deserve to play multiplayer at all)

anyways the culprit games are irrelevant so much as the problem itself

Ive got a belkin f7d1301 v1 n150 wireless N router , and the cox cable company supplied modem(which has no NAT problems at all, which is expected, since if i remove the router from the system, it works perfectly fine with an open NAT, but my other machines cant connect of course)

Ive got an older elite from 2009, i believe, or whichever year MW2 was released, and ive got it plugged into the routers secondary port with an ethernet cable , and im using manual settings for IP and DNS

truth be told, im at my wits end, hoping some magical mind from the bounty of the internet has a solution in their bowl of tricks, or something

it might be some simple thing im overlooking but so far 7 other people and belkin tech support, as well as myself havent been able to figure it out

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hi, follow this guide to the letter:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate make sure UPnP is disabled and any port forwarding

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ahhh, thanks for the guide shadowman, i didnt know that manual forwarding and dmz could conflict with one another and destructively interfere

much appreciated, and points for you, sir

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.