Strict NAT on Xbox One with a Xbox 360

I was able to get my Xbox One to finally get a Open NAT consistently by disabling the port forwards in my router set for the Xbox 360. My Current router does not support multiple consoles and figured I would give priority to the Xbox One.

I had setup the port forwards for my 360 on my router a long time ago and had forgotten about them. I was having issues the other night talking with while playing a multiplayer game. I was then looking for the NAT ports for the Xbox One. But now I have been able to confirm that all the Xbox One needs is UPnP enabled and no specific ports setup for the 360.

Now the detail NAT information says: Your network is behind a cone NAT.

Just thought I would share my findings in order to help others.

Thanks,

Agntlgn

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You can only manually forward ports to one device on the same network; i.e., Xbox One or 360, but not both. This is true for any router. The solution is to enable UPnP, which will provide the necessary open ports for both devices. Also, you shouldn't use UPnP along with manual port forwarding. So it sounds like you did everything right.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes UPnP is your only option except some routers have poor UPnP support and wont allow two Xboxes to be connected at the same time.

So you must delete all port forwarding on your router.

Also you should make sure both Xboxes have a static ip address.

Also you should post the make and model of your router if you still can't get it working so that someone else can confirm if that router is compatible with 2 Xboxes or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.