*STRICT NAT on XBOX 360 Slim*

hey guys,

im using a Sierra Aircard 760s on the Telstra Bigpond network (Australian ISP) and i have a strict NAT.

i have tried UPnP, DMZ, and Port Forwarding, but none of it seems to work.

it is indeed mobile broadband, and DOES have a real world WAN IP, however it is not static (it changes every time i reboot router)

i need this issue fixed, as gaming with a strict nat is horrible!

extra information: I've contacted Sierra, and they didnt do anything. telstra tried, but all they did was direct me to their $90 support service.

Thanks, 
Terry 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi

It sounds like you've tried all options already :( so the WAN IP Address does not start with 10 or 172 then is that right?

I'm afraid 4G devices can be a bit funny when it comes to NAT, so just to recap:-

UPnP=on/DMZ=off/Forwarding=off with your Xbox ip address set to auto does not work

UPnP=off/DMZ=off with your Xbox ip address set to manual/static with portforwarding set to the static ip address does not work

UPnP=off/Forwarding=Off with your Xbox ip address set to manual/static with the DMZ set to the static ip address does not work

Is that right? If so there's nothing else to try really apart from there may be a firmware update available for the Aircard

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, yes I've tried all that.

However, I did manage to get my NAT to open ONCE by playing around with the "Security" settings on the device (WPA/WPA2 settings)

I'm stuck to this router (it's the only one Telstra supply), so is there ANYTHING at all that could at least help? I've heard of bridging the connection, but I'm pretty sure the ping would be massive that it would be basically unplayable.. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

No, bridging won't help. Its hard to advise really as its hard to find a pdf manual for your router.

There are some strange workarounds for other 4g devices like the MIFI www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../59-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate you could try something similar on your Aircard but to be honest you might just be stuck with it I'm afraid :(

Sorry this didn't help.

The Unofficial guide is not official and has some out of date information.

Instead, I would suggest contacting the Connectivity team at 1800 555 741

www.fixya.com/.../t13572884-sierra_aircard_760s_connectivity_problem shows it has problems with other gaming systems as well.

Sorry this didn't help.