Strict Nat keeps stopping me connecting to online games

Hi...I have problems with inviting Friends to the Lobby of Gears of War 2 or joining Friends games that are in progress that have space for more people. I am on my third Router in 9 months in an attempt to cure the problem. When the router is first installed, every thing seems to be ok'ish. with only the occasional problem of trying to connect to a friend. But then after a few days the problem starts all over again.

In the house we have 3 desktop computers running through the router, 2 directly connected via ethenet and 1 via wireless. I have 4 Xboxes running through the router, 1 via ethenet and 3 via wireless. There is also 1 PS3 and 1 WII connected via wireless, but these aren't used as often as the 4 Xboxes and the 3 Computers. The most that will be running at a time would be 4 Xboxes and 1 computer. We Like playing Gears of War 2 as a Family group, but are now struggling to connect to each other to do so. We can connect to Social online Gears of War 2 games, but not to Friends games for some reason. I have restored the router back to it's Factory Default Settings, but to no avail. And the router says the Security settings are set to standard to allow all gaming.

At the moment we can make a Family and Friends game on the Hord game of Gears of War 2, but we can't make a co-op Campain it won't allow us to set one up as Social or Custom. It just says the Nat setting is to strict and won't allow us to even start the co-op campain.

My Network provider are not able to help in any way, as they are only trained up on the workings of the router and the connection of the Internet service and are not provided any training on Xbox 360's connecting. 

ACan you help please

Regards Derrill

RDB339

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

What make and model router do you have? Unless the router information states it can handle multiple gaming units you will have issues with that many connected and being used at the same time.

Are you using uPnP, Port Forwarding or DMZ to regulate the NAT in your router? When you are gaming, are any other devices on your network turned on? Even if a computer is idle it is using bandwidth.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.