Strict, moderate NAT on xbox one or. ghosts

I have tried all the port forwarding, UnPp, DMZ, resetting and everything else xbox suggests. If you have changing open,moderate, or strict NAT while you are trying all these fixes, the real fix for dlink routers is to update your firmware on the router. This fixed everything to open NAT for me immediately and it stayed. See support at your routers web site

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Hey Seth031,

Thanks for the possible help you provided. Did you have a question that needs help answering? If so reach back!

The community is standing by.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We did everything that was suggested to get our NAT to an open status and nothing worked...forwarding the ports, UnPp...  Finally, I was on with tech support for my router and  he told me that my modem had wireless capabilities (which I did not know).  I was using a personal router we had just purchased.  The tech explained that the 2 routers were cancelling each other out and making the NAT status strict.  I had to call my cable company and have them disable the wireless capability on my modem.  That immediately fixed the problem and the NAT status was now open.  Just in case anyone else has tried everything, this may be something to consider.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also followed all the guides and recommendations to open the NAT.  Consulted with multiple IT professionals and called Xbox support multiple times.  Still could not get NAT to open.  My setup is shared internet in apartment complex.  So I have a cable coming in from the wall that connects to my N300-WiFi Router Model: WNR3500L.  This router then connects to my X1.  I have tried connecting directly from the wall to the X1 and no change in result.  I have tried opening the NAT through the Xbox settings and through my wireless router settings.  My apartment complex controls the internet service and will not allow changes to be made.  If anyone can provide some assistance or guidance in how I can connect to multi-player games in Xbox Live, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings UsableKey7!

If you haven't already, please go ahead and start a new thread with a detailed description of your situation, along with any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

To save yourself some time in the process, please read: forums.xbox.com/.../1621667.aspx And post back in full detail (the bits in bold).

Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.