Street Fighter X Tekken Getting Favourable Reviews

It seems to be doing quite well on the review front, but a lot of reviewers are complaining of crippling lag.  Nothing new then... well, especially when you're talking about fighting games online.  Soul Calibur V generally feels good online, but it's far better offline.  SFXT seems to be suffering from some terrible lag issues even if you're playing people in your own region.  Will this put you off purchasing the game, or will you get it anyway?  I'm on the fence with this game.  The whole gem system seems a bit silly, although I don't know about every minutiae in the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The only criticism I have seen so far are the loading times and the story, although if the loading times are anything like they were at the fight club in January then they aren't as bad as they look on paper and story mode is a frivilous extra as far as 2-D fighters are concerned..  I'm not sure how it's fair to comment on online when the game hasn't been officially released yet, the netcode is supposed to be an improvement on SFIV and the only way that argument can be tested properly is once the game is being played by the general population.

Holy "Cash for Positive Reviews" Batman!

But then when you're gonna follow it up with the "Ultimate" and then the "Ultimate Arcade" edition within 6 months I suppose you've got the Cash to get the positive reviews.

I bet the Ultimate and Ultimate Arcade versions will be awesome so I'd wait for them to be released really instead of bying the Beta.

Az

Hoping that long term fans of both fighting series thats something that truly reflects all the things they love about them...the more passion fans have, the more they demand from their fighting games

This game has got to be got

i am so looking forward to playing with all four fighters on screen at once  

How many times does Az have to be told before he can get it into his head that there will be no other editions of this game?

Az will buy it anyway

[quote user="Malesoun"]

How many times does Az have to be told before he can get it into his head that there will be no other editions of this game?

[/quote]

Tell me until you're blue in the face.

Probability is an exact science.

I look at Capcom's track record with previous titles and I don't believe them when they say it either.

It's not your fault.  If you're happy to give them your money go ahead and do it.  Hopefully it's a good game but Capcoms previous behaviour has led me to the point that I don't trust them so I won't buy another "Streetfighter vs anyone" game off them until they do something to restore my confidence in purchasing from them.

Az

yeah yeah you know  you will buy it anyway

Is this the same control scheme as SF?

as far as i am away it seems to be except for the tag controls i guess