Streaming

Hey guys im in need of some advice if anyone can provide it. For the last two years or so i've been streaming videos from my computer to my xbox and im sick of it. The quality is bad and the audio video sync is usually off. Is there anything I can buy that can do the same thing the 360 can do but better? I just want to be able to watch videos from my computer on my tv. If my computer had an HDMI port it would solve the problem but its an old computer.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

I have a Boxee Box. It chokes on hi10p, but it does work well for conventional 8bit h.264 and understands MKV.

Let OSB set up your Capturing and Recording.
He does some tests and comes up with the best Streaming or Recording Solutions.

A Boxee will handle almost any file you throw at it. You can also connect an external HDD which would allow you to take your PC out of the equation.

[quote user="BeAr GrYlLs 619"]

Hey guys im in need of some advice if anyone can provide it. For the last two years or so i've been streaming videos from my computer to my xbox and im sick of it. The quality is bad and the audio video sync is usually off. Is there anything I can buy that can do the same thing the 360 can do but better? I just want to be able to watch videos from my computer on my tv. If my computer had an HDMI port it would solve the problem but its an old computer.

[/quote]Is the quality different when watching the same media on the PC instead of streamed to the Xbox? I stream video to my Xbox from my PC occasionally and the quality is always a bit better as my HDTV performs better than my PC monitor.

Also, what software are you using to stream your media to the Xbox? 

What are the specs on your PC? It should be possible to add a video card without adding a PSU.

Streaming boxes are fixed hardware devices. They do not typically handle new codecs or containers.

Put in a new video card with HDMI? If you want to play everything a computer can play, plug the PC into the TV. There are always new containers and codec options coming out on the PC. Hardware playback won't handle everything (hi10p) and transcoders are problematic at best.

Hi My Gamer TAG = Xaptwo

When you stream directly from the Xbox, you can use Twitch App to Broadcast,

Or through the QuickMenu (One Tap on the Xbox Button) from Broadcast & Capture option

From Windows 10 (PC/Laptop)

You need more Resources, like a Good Graphical Card that can Capture Video Directly.

You can start the option through [Windows key] + [G] Key on your keyboard, or [Windows key] + [Alt Key] + [B Key]

These are the requirements:

Requirments on Windows 10 PC/Laptop for Broadcasting/Streaming

Hardware requirements for Game DVR on Windows 10

To record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10, your PC’s video card must support one of these encoders:

·         Intel Quick Sync H.264

·         NVidia NVENC

·         AMD VCE

To check the video card on your PC, go to the search box on the taskbar and search for “device manager.” In Device Manager, expand Display adapters

Video cards that support Intel Quick Sync include:

·         Intel HD graphics 4200 or later

·         Intel Iris Graphics 5100 or later

Video cards that support NVidia NVENC include:

·         GeForce 600 series or later, but not:

o    GeForce 605

o    GeForce GT 610

o    GeForce GT 620

o    GeForce GT 625

o    GeForce GT 630 (some models might work)

o    GeForce GT 640

o    GeForce GT 645

o    GeForce GT 730 (some models might work)

·         GeForce 600M series or later, but not:

o    GeForce 610M

o    GeForce GT 620M

o    GeForce GT 625M

o    GeForce GT 630M

o    GeForce GT 635M

o    GeForce GT 640M LE (some models might work)

o    GeForce GTX 670M

o    GeForce GTX 675M

o    GeForce 705M

o    GeForce 710M

o    GeForce 720M (some models might work)

o    GeForce 800M

o    GeForce 820M

o    GeForce 910M (some models might work)

o    GeForce 920M (some models might work)

·         Quadro 410

·         Quadro K series or later

·         Quadro KM series or later

Video cards that support AMD VCE include:

·         A-series 5000 or later APUs

·         Radeon HD7700 series

·         Radeon HD7800 series

·         Radeon HD7900 series

·         Radeon HD8570 to 8990

·         Radeon R5 240 / R7 240 / R7 250 / R7 250E / R7 250X / R7 265 / R9 270 / R9 270X / R9 280 / R9 280X

·         Radeon R5 330 / R5 340 / R7 340 / R7 350 / R7 370 / R9 370 / R9 370X

·         Radeon RX 460, RX 470, RX 480

·         Mobile Radeon HD 77x0M to HD 7970M

·         Mobile Radeon HD 8000-Series

·         Mobile Radeon Rx M2xx Series

·         Mobile Radeon R5 M330 to Radeon R9 M380 and Radeon R9 M390

·         FirePro Cards with 1st Generation GCN or later

·         Radeon HD 7790 / HD 8770

·         Radeon R7 260 / R7 260X / R9 290 / R9 290X / R9 295X2

·         Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 / R9 390 / R9 390X

·         Mobile Radeon R9 M280X

·         Mobile Radeon R9 M385 / R9 M385X

You always have the option to take a screenshot of your game, even if you don’t have one of these cards.

If your PC can’t record game clips, you’ll get a message like this when you try to make one:

Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips.

In that case, do one of the following:

·         Get the latest driver for your current video card (if your PC has more than one video card, make sure the drivers are up to date for both)

·         Install one of the video cards listed here

If your PC has multiple video cards and only one supports Game DVR, make sure you’re using the monitor connected to that card when you record your game.

If you have a supported video card whose driver is up to date and you still can’t record games, open Feedback Hub (a Windows 10 app) and add feedback so we can investigate.

You are also able to stream through Software on your PC/Laptop, and let that Software do everything.

This is what I earlier wrote to another streamer who had problems streaming.

Hey I'm Xaptwo,

I'm using OSB on my PC/Laptop

OSB Streaming Software

When you have installed this you need also

Re-stream

Re-stream to other Streaming sites

I've created also an Twitch account

Twitch the other Streaming Community 

With Re-Stream you have the ability to add multiple sites where you want to upload your stream.

I upload directly to Twitch, Mixer and YouTube.

You need to know little bit about setting up your stream, with the url and the code key.

Through Twitch you can add multiple Add ons.

They will also be showed in Mixer.

What I see of 24/7 Streamers as we are.

We use Twitch and Re-Stream to stream towards other sites like Mixer.

Some of them only Stream on Mixer, and through the diverse Streaming Software, you can make your Video Streaming feed, as awesome as you want.

You can find a tutorial about streaming with OSB on YouTube at the following link, what I found useful.

ITSSKITZ Tutorial how to Setup and stream through OSB Projects

You need also the Re-Stream Tutorial.

Re-Stream to Multiple Streaming Sites at once

Hope you find this useful, let me know if you need more.

To have you going Professional as a Streamer.

I'm streaming Professional now for a month and have been doing it before through Beamer and Now Mixer on XBox ONE.

Happy Hunting!

Xaptwo/Xap2

I would have to buy a new power supply for my PC that could support HDMI. I've heard of streaming "boxes" but i don't know how they work or what to look for.