streaming video advertisement messes up my internet!

when i go to play my computer. i put on counterstrike with my xbox idling on the dashboard and my computer spikes outta control because the xbox dashboard streams video ADVERTISEMENTS!!! so i shut my xbox off and it sits. if you guys do xbox advertisements on the home dashboard you guys should at least be a little bit more considerable and just make it a picture so i dont have to leave it off all the time.  also when i go to play some cod4 becuz i dont like the newer cods so much, its all hacked up because you guys dont maintain your network(gta4 hacked bad as well, im sure tons of other games i am not mentioning). also on mw3 i use your matchmaking to play online and i end up with 2 bars playing against texans? thats some great matchmaking ill tell ya what. when i go to watch a video on your dashboard, my xbox watches 1 second and loads for ten seconds. so i cant watch any dashboard video(netflix and ign and everything else is instant though.). might i add i have a dgl 4500 router. it works great for my pc. xbox design as well if i brush the front of my xbox its pops my cd drive pops open.

so its almost at the point of putting my xbox up for trade on craigslist or something. i mean i got a 2.5 mbps dwn with a .384 up its not the greatest but its enough to where this shouldn't be a problem.  either way im sure that over 70% of the people you use an xbox agree with me on this exact problem and heed my warnings you guys will continue declining in sales if you dont address these simple little problems. i got tired of pc gaming so i bought an xbox and i only lasted a few months and now im planning on buying a new gaming pc. basically im making this post to say im losing faith and if this issue is not addressed im done with xbox. i will here shortly be taking my gold membership off autopay and selling the thing. i used to love all the fun splitscreen games that just dont exist. where you guys also lack in backwards compatability.

all in all im not mad. im not trying to "rant and rave" im simply letting my opinion be known and im quite interested to here replies on this thread with peoples opinion on how i can either fix my problem. or maybe even suggestions to make me enjoy my xbox a little bit more. this new one player per console trend with xbox is just making me with i have a built computer because it was twice the freedom at half the price. either way all of this is just one mans OPINION. i do not claim any of these details to be facts its just my standpoint on the whole "xbox gaming console".

thank you for your time. please make a post of more to feed with this or maybe some suggestions(but please spare me the same old "tou/coc lecture" everyone does).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hate to say it but your upload bandwith is horrendous, like you said. To have both systems on is going to cause issues, if you use wireless for any of them will even add to the problem. You shouldnt be teetering on the edge of the upstream bandwith if your a gamer in the first place.  Really .384 upload, and gaming dont jive..not trying to sugar coat it bud, its time to upgrade your internet, If you had a PS3 it would do the same thing. Im telling this to you as a friend not a rep.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Expert Insight

With services offering 3 mbps, Xbox Live connection speeds should not be an issue for most users. However, a minimum of 1 mbps for a workable connection is recommended. The console can't connect to the Internet on dial up.

Read more: XBox 360 Internet Speed Requirements | eHow.com www.ehow.com/facts_5028831_xbox-internet-speed-requirements.html

Sorry this didn't help.

well see i live in a remote location in alaska so internet here is a lot slower than what internet in your part of the world offers. and sad to say it i pay 80 dollars a month for this actually mid-high bandwidth DSL connection.  all im saying is i would like it to work and it doesnt. cant watch videos. i just load them up on my pc instead to watch them.

not saying my internet completely sucks it actually plays games fairly descent aside from a elevated ping. there has been times where i have played cod long enough to find a server with mostly alaskans and i will get a 3 to full bar connection. so maybe its not entirely my internet.

enough with the internet what about the hacked games?cod4? gta4? less hacked games on pc suprisingly.  the matchmaking? alaska pings great with texans? i have an open connection. slight problems in the system im throwing out there.  okay so ima just say "enough of cod" and leave it at that.

why has xbox not advertised counter strike global offensive? thats what im interested in. no cross platform?

what about the backwards compatability. id like to whip out some time splitters i havent played that game in ages.

what about your flimsy design of game cases that crack the inner ring of discs? i dont even dare try to stick them back in their original cases anymore lost quite a few games that way! i mean theres a few things i can pick here that have been a common problem that are way more attentive than stupid cod matchmaking.

thanks for your current replies but whats your "true thoughts" on all the rest of what im talking about?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mods on grand theft auto IV, and the older call of duty games ccant get stoped (patched) by microsoft. Theyy simply can't do anything. Its the game developers (rockstar for gtaand infinidy Ward for cod 4.) Sad thing is they really don't care about these older games that they created. Unfortunately you just have to work around the Modders. If you end up in a modded lobby on any game. Back out as soon as you can/if it comes to it, restart Your Xbox. If you are fought in a game that is modded and a xbl moderator joins and (for example sees you flying around in cod) You will get banned for system tampering even if you were not hostingnthe lobby. Just a friendly heads up :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Your best course of action in this situation seems to be to just leave the Xbox 360 off when you're not using it.

This may not be something that you want to do, but given your current situation, i feel that it would be best.

You can't possibly need to have both of them on at the same time, right?

Sorry this didn't help.

so the matchmaking software implemented can put you in matches that get you banned? hahaha.

once again forget about the hacks or the "whole cod scenario".

also what about all the suggestions you guys gave me? dont turn on your xbox?so i cant play games with my friends becuz none of them are split screen these days, so i let him play it. so if he starts playing a game it makes me lag and i have to suffer? your interenets not good enough? who in alaska can use an xbox efficiently then none of us?

so im paying for a gold membership i dont even have the capability to use(ps3 got a one up on ya with the free network use already).  

can you guys only reply to one topic at a time.  i could care less about the lack of maintenence of the networking community but what about the flawed game cases and everything else im talking about.  wheres cs go? does microsoft hate valve?  what about the old xbox games that are now useless to me?

downloadable content should have never started costing money!

but yeah. i mean sure. its hacked. could get banned by the automatic matchmaking. its expensive. and your internet cannot run it good enough. oh and its best if you leave it off these days. otherwise it just sits there and streams advertisements. old xbox games are useless aside from a handful of them.

whatever next year there will be another newer xbox system that costs a little more and then all of it will become useless because as you said yourself it will become old and no one will care for it anymore.

on the brighter side i bought my pc for 400 bucks back in 05. playes games still. bought them about half the price of what they cost on my xbox. i get on the forums when my game doesnt work. look at that that day i get a link to a download with a fix. i get weekly to monthly updates on my games. sure its an antique. running the good old windows xp. but hey microsoft hasnt done me wrong on the pc end. i never had anyone on the computer tell me my internets not good enough. that i should leave my pc off.

so my personal experience going from pc to console is turning out to be a big nightmare. sure maybe im just ranting and raving im not gonna sell my xbox. but i can gurantee you that i definitely wont be investing in future systems because of this trend that the xbox has been leaning towards. and sure i might just be one person ranting and raving but i can gurantee that all of this stuff im bringing up now i have heard about countless times everywhere. on your forums. talking with my friends. even playing online i hear people complaining constantly. never seen soo many headaches out of video games.

anyways im done with this complaining about my useless plastic box stuff. ima play some games on my pc.  aside from the "internet and hacks", anyone else got something worth adding to this thread?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would recommend at least 4mbps down and 1 mbps up. If you are under this, you may experience connection issues.

If you encounter modding, you need to return to the Dashboard or shut off your console. If you encounter abuse, you will need to file a report.

For any other feedback you may have, please make a post here in the most appropriate section for your subject matter:http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_feedback/default.aspx

Thank you! 

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks captain obvious. i think its already been established by puckinnutz that my internet is not good enough. and sage to rage was helpful to point out about the modding. and so its obvious you read absolutely nothing on this post. and really honestly your pretty brave asking for feedback. i have absolutely nothing good to say about any of this.  you claim my internet is not good enough but yet im ranked above the top 75,000 on mw3 team deathmatch( 3 to full bars constant connection as well as having above a 1.0kd). id say it works. its hacked just like all the other cods. takes a while of just rerunning the matchmaking game after game to find a local match but whatever it kinda works. its more my friends playing it than me. either way how does reporting help either..  look at the lobby leaderboards on mw3. theyve all been reported thousands of times and they still are #1.

Sorry this didn't help.

Reporting a user via your console will make sure Enforcement reviews the situation so they can take any necessary action. For more information about how Enforcement works, I would recommend taking a look at the resources at the bottom of this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../19139.aspx.

Sorry this didn't help.

i get the semantics on how the system works im a pc gamer. but where is the action? ive reported players for modding mw3 and ive watched them play it for months and as far as i know to this day they still are not banned. i have the video file on my video share of the match even. so yeah maybe you should do something about it. TAKE ACTION!

Sorry this didn't help.