Strange Problem :S

Ok well i have weird problem with my connection i go on xbox and im fine and i can have my laptop on but as soon as i got on youtube or another pc in the house goes on youtube or has alot of internets open but its mainly youtube everyones voice goes laggy and then i d/c :S so i turned upnp off still happen and turned it on and still had same problem so i dont no how to sort it out because im pretty sure i have decent connection so i should be able to go on youtube without d/c from xbox live :S

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

When you are connected to Xbox Live and using another computer and opening lots of pages on the internet, it uses up bandwidth that could be going to your Xbox, so that is why you are disconnected. To help this issue, try using this resource: support.xbox.com/.../performance.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah we can't be sure without a speed amount. If going on youtube knocks you off, your connection must be pretty barebones - if you pay less than $40/month for internet, well it's likely not that good.

-

Another dead giveaway of a bad connection is the presence of a bandwidth limit. I don't care what it is - anything but "unlimited" means get a new ISP, pronto.

-

If you insist it's not your connection, it could be your router - prehaps it prioritizes your computer and refuses to give spare bandwidth when your pc wants it. Try placing your 360 in the DMZ or forwarding ports to it's IP address. What kind of router do you have?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.