strange parental control problem

needed my parental control email and password to accept the new terms and conditions on the dashboard, kept entering the password and it wouldnt work

my parental email was [Removed by Moderator - Personal Info] which i made years ago, i went on gmail to check it and found out it no longer existed but i think the windows live id which has the same address did save, tried different passwords for this because my xbox wouldnt accept the password i'm 100% sure was correct  and ended up locking myself out of the email and now i'm wondering will i have to get microsoft to unblock the parental email so i can sign in and accept these stupid TOU's even though i'm 21? how do i get them to unblock it? i emailed them several times now and nothing back yet

also tried accepting the TOU on xbox.com, but when i click accept it takes me to a log in screen, and when i log in it takes me back to the i accept option

i'm going round in circles here

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello Laggzz,

You will need to first gain access to the parental account in order for you to be able to successfully agree to the terms and conditions. You won't be able to change the parental e-mail without being able to login to the prior e-mail that's listed. If you're saying that the Gmail account no longer exists that you made for the parental account, please try to re-make the e-mail on Gmail.com before proceeding with the below steps.

The parent must agree to the new terms first and then you can login to your own account and accept them. If you don't have access to the parental account you will need to try to reset the password found here. If that doesn't work try to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form found here.

If you're unable to either of those things then you may be out of luck. You can try to contact phone support and see if they are able to assist you in some way.

Further information in regards to the new terms of service agreement update can be found here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.