Strange cricket-like sound from my Console.

When I play, I notice that there is a faint crickteky sound coming from the unit, The system isnt affected by it performance wise but I always have the worst luck with expensive hardware and now I am starting to worry about it. Some say its normal some say Im ***,so what is it bad or normal ? Here is a video of what it sounds like..

[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK4nUM3RIBU:550:0]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Maybe a cricket crawled in there and is proud of his new home.  

Yea funny, what else you got ? as far as answers go.

Hmm, a dust ball stuck to a fan blade that the cricket is using for a pillow?

Anyone else with a serious reply ? Im worried and this will bother me to no end and make me think my system is broken or soon to be ..

Replace it, I don't have nearly any noise from mine (only hear faint fan noise when putting ear next to box)

It's just the fan. I've had this since launch and it's the same.

That sorta sound can only be generated by a moving part. Only 3 parts inside the X1 has moving parts..

1) Hard Drive

2) Optical drive

3 Cooling fan

My suggestion: Call support and send it in for repair or replacment, for poeple contend that the X1 is vertially silent and if so you def shouldn't be hearing those sounds.

My 500GB console was nearly silent, well you could hear the fan humming if you put your ear right up to it.

I've just recently got the 1TB model, I've noticed the fan is a little louder, maybe because it's new but it still doesn't sound like what's been posted.

Dangerboy said though he's is the same so if it was me I would just carry on as long as the console is working fine, not getting too hot.

Yeah the X1 is dead silent, during gameplay and while at the homescreen. I'd get it sent in personally.

If that's yours in the vid get it replace that's the fan blades rubbing.