Strange Connection Issues

So I've been having the strangest time trying to connect to Live for the past few weeks and I can't pinpoint where the problem is occuring.  I have had the following issues at different times:

• Able to connect to network and internet, but not Live
  • Able to connect to Live, but only with NAT set as strict
I have tried the following things:
  • Every combination of power cycling I can think of
  • I have connected with automatic and manual connection settings (the manual settings often show that I am having problems with my DNS servers, though I have confirmed these with my router and my ISP)
  • I have had the following ports forwarding in various combinations (88, 3074, 53, 80, 1863)
  • I have reset my NAT table by turning off UPnp, resetting the router and re-enabling UPnP
  • I have tried connecting with the router firewall both enabled and disabled
I believe the problem lies with my router which has given me a problem in the past with me coming home to find that it requires a restart (though I do not know what was causing the issue)
The router is a Belkin N300 Model F9K1002v5
**Note: I have had temporary success with doing a factory reset on the router, though this is not a permanent solution and the problems arise the next time I log on** 
If anyone has suggestions to try or different permanent settings which would solve some of these issues I would be very grateful.  Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Try using an Ethernet cable if not than try contacting your provider

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings Bears!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your modem as well.

Visit Belkin website and make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware, for your specific model number and hardware revision number.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried both wired and wireless connection, to no avail.

From the earlier post, he router is a Belkin N300 Model F9K1002v5.  Thanks for the assistance!

Sorry this didn't help.

Coincidence or not?

The rest of the world is having the same issues this week mate.

Supposedly there is nothing wrong...but I am not so easily convinced.

I can be connected to several devices on my modem...wireless and hard wired...no probs...Xbox Live just keeps disconnecting...my guess is it's the roll out for Xbox One...with the promised 300,000 servers...

I had contacted ISP...reset modem...re-port forwarded...tried different 360's...re-downloaded profile...and a bunch of other stuff suggested...

Look, I think that your router isn't the issue this last fortnight if you want my opinion...

But I can say with past experience with Belkin routers is that they seem to have NAT issues more so than other brands.

So the ongoing issue of resets and having strict NAT needs be to addressed anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Bears! Would you be able to try a direct wired connection to your modem, bypassing the router? It's a temporary connection, just to test. If you're able to stay connected without issue, then we can pinpoint the router as being the culprit.

Mattee D: If you're experiencing frequent disconnections on your Xbox 360 console, please start a new thread here so we can help you with your connection as well. =) Starting a new thread will allow us to assist you individually, without taking over another thread. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.