Stop justifying yourself

I was a loyal XBOX user having several accounts on the great 360 since day 1. I remember waiting number 2 in line at my local Walmart for 11 hours slaphappy just to be one of the first to get my hands on one.  I didn't pick up a PS3 till 09'  Couldn't care less.  Things have undeniably changed before your eyes and now it's time to open them.  

Are you a gamer or someone who is going to enjoy the multi-media aspect of an all-in-one hardware device?  The limits are set and any improvements on one system will only happen on the other.  

This thread will no doubt tick off tons of people.  The title is meant to bring you in.  

So you're buying X1 because of the direction it's taking?    

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm a gamer. Which means I am buying the system with the games I will enjoy.

Then you should save a good bit on money and mot need to move to next gen at all right?

Um I don't see any problem with X1 directions. I love Halo and few other Xbox exclusives. I could care less for KZ which is only exclusive released for PS4. Knack, I doubt anyone would play that. BF4 showed that resolution is pretty much marginal difference for consoles. At least XO can play audio CD. Which seems to be problem for PS4.

I'm getting the Xbox one because I love Xbox, I love the gamepad, I love the community, I love Xbox Live, and I love the games. I could care less that the graphics aren't what everyone expects these days. I love all the visuals I've seen. I'm not justifying myself to anyone. I'm excited as hell for the console with it's awesome features, gorgeous graphics, and plans for the future. My standards for gaming graphics are at a level I'm very satisfied with.

I'm getting an X1 because of and only because of Forza. Yes i'm that much of a fan. Seeing as PS4 doesn't have the game i enjoy it can bugger off along with its willy waving fanboys.

I respect the passion of what's been said in this thread so far and thanks for not taking offence.

[quote user="inFamous B 0 B"]

Then you should save a good bit on money and mot need to move to next gen at all right?

[/quote]

And miss out on Killer Instinct & Dead Rising 3?

Nah.

[quote user="inFamous B 0 B"]

Are you a gamer or someone who is going to enjoy the multi-media aspect of an all-in-one hardware device?

[/quote]Both.

I have been with Xbox since its inception (Xbox original) and loved it, I loved my 360 I even got the ROD and still loved my 360. Xbox to me has always been about the games creating a great platform to create and develop amazing games.

Now we come to the Xbox One and I have had mine on preorder for a few months now but I am becoming more and more skeptical myself and thinking of cancelling.

reasons:

1. I don't feel like the X1 is about games anymore its more like 50% media and entertainment and the other 50% is about games. Not that I don't like the media and entertainment part but to me as a gamer and many others I know that was always just a bonus. People buy consoles to play games period.

2. Building off of my first point since it feels like only 50% of the console is dedicated to games it seems like we are getting sub-par quality games. This is the "Next Generation" 1080p and 60fps should now be standard but its not. Case in point is Battlefield 4 on the X1 is only playing at 720p and barely holding 60fps during the single player campaign just imagine on multiplayer with 64 players I don't know how the console is going to maintain 60fps. While our other competitor the PS4 is playing 900p at 60fps. Maybe "next gen" cant reach 1080p at 60fps but the X1 should at least keep up with our competitor the PS4. Then you have the rumor that COD: Ghost is only going to be 720p as well (hopefully this is just a rumor). This to me definitely feels like we are getting sub-par quality games.

3. Finally all this has lead me to believe that the next Gen Xbox is going to be very disappointing and it hasn't even launched yet. The X1 is $100 more and is technically the underpowered system a $100 dollars is alot which should to me translate to being the more powerful system in terms of specs(specs aren't everything but they do say alot). What we should be posting about is how crazy the games are going to be, how good the graphics look, 1080p at 60fps I can't wait! But instead we are posting about how the X1 has really let me and many other gamers down. So if your listening Microsoft DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

Xbox Live, controller and the games. Nothing to do with graphics, its not like they are going to be worse than the 360...