STOLEN ACCOUNT - TERRBILE SERVICE

My account was stolen 3 weeks ago (this account that I am posting from is not the account).  Over $250 in fraudulent charges were made to my credit card.  A card that I HAD EXPLICITLY TOLD A C/S AGENT A WEEK PRIOR TO REMOVE FROM MY ACCOUNT.  I have had to struggle with the bank to get the charges refunded, take time off work to do so, and currently have no access to content and services that I have bought and currently pay for.

The initial breach to my account was through EA Games.  My email address was changed on their system.  From there - the culprit was able to hook in to my XBOX Live account as the charges started not even 24 hours after this took place.  MY ACCOUNT BEING HACKED IS A RESULT OF A SECURITY BREACH THROUGH EA / XBOX - NOT AS A RESULT OF ME BEING PHISHED DIRECTLY OR GIVING OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION.

I have now had 4 calls in to XBOX support - each time escalating my call, with no resolution and little sympathy.

I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR OVER 5 YEARS.  I HAVE SPENT HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS ON GAMES, SERVICES, AND CONTENT IN THAT TIME.  WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT TO RESTORE MY ACCOUNT AND PROVIDE ADEQUATE COMPENSATION?  THERE ARE ZERO UPDATES AS TO THE STATUS OF THIS ISSUE AS APPARENTLY THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT IS SO CLANDESTINE AND SECRETIVE, THE C/S DEPT HAS NO FOLLOW UP WITH THEM AND WILL NOT PROVIDE ME WITH FURTHER CONTACT INFORMATION.

MY ACCOUNT SHOULD BE RESTORED IMMEDIATELY.  THE "INVESTIGATION PROCESS" THAT APPARENTLY NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE MY ACCOUNT IS RESTORED IS NOT MY PROBLEM.  THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM.  THERE IS NO REASON WHY MY ACCOUNT CANNOT BE RESTORED WHILE THIS PROCESS TAKES PLACE.  WHY IS A LOYAL CUSTOMER THAT HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG BESIDES TRUST IN YOUR SERVICE BEING PUNISHED FOR A BREACH IN XBOX LIVE SECURITY?  IT MAKES NO SENSE.  ANY NORMAL BUSINESS DOES NOT OPERATE IN THIS WAY.  IF YOUR C/S DEPARTMENT HAD REMOVED MY CARD FROM THE ACCOUNT LIKE I HAD ASKED FOR - NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Unfortunately there's protocols in place, they can't just slip past them. It's unfortunate that you're going through this but you will not be able to get access to your account until they complete their investigation which can take upwards of a month to complete. They do compensate you with lost XBOX Live time. In the future make sure that your passwords for different accounts/services are different so you don't have to go through this hassle again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My account was hacked the same way through EA/XBOX. Over 100 was charged and my bank closed my card after they saw the second purchase for point so not much damage. Also you can see on my gamer tag that Fifa is the last game I played. I have never owned a fifa game. 

Sorry this didn't help.

My Account was hacked today. PayPal called me the minute the charges when thought (10,000 MS points) and I got all my passwords changed and called Microsoft. I better get my money back or I'll be taking a trip to South America to shove this jerks copy of Fifa 2011 up his rectum. Even after I get a refund, I may still do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx Is the Place for you guys.

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can tell by my 'last game played' the same thing happened to me. I am just lucky that with what happened i have anti overdraft so they couldn't take more than the $49.99 of my $68 I had had.

I've called representatives 4 times and got a different answer each time, this last time the woman I talked to gave me info that yes something is up with security but they JUST updated the system, supposedly. My bank is being of no help and I am thinking of calling them again or going to my local bank in person to try and get this fixed because they told me nothing can be done unless microsoft gives them information.

Sorry this didn't help.

In regards to the supposed expert...going to the forums to ask why an account has been banned is nowhere near the correct answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your account is compromised, please contact phone support to set up an Unauthorized Access investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.