Still issues with accepting/sending friend requests?

My son has been off the xbox 360 for a few weeks and upon returning he had a few friend requests. He tried to accept, they failed. I told him maybe they just expired, so decline and ask people to resend. He did that and someone sent one today and he couldn't accept. That seemed strange. His account has not been changed on privacy settings. He's never had trouble adding friends before, so I came to search for it.

I've seen lots of posts involving this problem and it being fixed about twenty times. Yet, here we are unable to accept or send friend requests. I tried to do so via the web for him, but it fails as well. Same issue everyone else has been having over the last month or so.

I'm not sure why this problem isn't fixed, but my son would like to add his friends from school. So please fix it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Hey, guys! Very sorry to see any issues adding friends! We've got some troubleshooting you guys can try here, and if they don't help out, I'll ask you to send me a private message.

• Try adding your friend here on xbox.com by hovering over your gamertag on the top right, selecting Friends, and then searching for their GT there.
  • Add your friend on your Xbox One console, if you have one. Be sure to have them check out their Activity Alerts in their Activity Feed if you go this route. Friend notifications are similar to Twitter in you can friend someone, but they won't be your friend on their side. So you will need to have them add you after you add them.
  • Add your friend on Xbox One Smartglass. (Don't need to connect to a console to use it, but you may need to follow the instructions above!)

PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to see friends added on Xbox One or the website on your 360. This is to test if you are able to add these users outside of the 360 to narrow down the issue.

Please let us know how that works! :) If you are still unable to add friends any of these ways, please send me a private message detailing the friend's gamertag that you are unable to add, and the amount of friends you have. Syrend, you will need to have your son log on to the forums (if he's over 13) to send me this information, and the exact error he is getting. If he is under 13, you can send me the private message, however please include your son's gamertag so we have his information. You both can send me a private message by clicking the envelope at the bottom of my post.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is also a glitch where it's not letting me decline FR. When I try, it's still there. This is happening on xbox.com :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya i have the same problem my friend she hit the block button on accident sent me a request didnt receive  anything i sent her one she didnt receive it either tried with another person they couldnt either tried adding a person online that i dont know and it worked its not letting u re add ur friends u had

Sorry this didn't help.