Still having problems changing NAT type after following the directions

I have changed internet providers from comcast to qwest. I now use a zyxel-pk5000z router, and found my NAT type was set to strict. I followed the directions here and opened all of the ports, I also tried having UPnP turned on. After doing both can still connect to xboxlive but I still have a strict NAT type. Any help on the subject would be great. I read through the guide provided here on the forum and I'm still having this problem!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

you may also be fighting a loosing battle as some ISP's wont let you fully open your NAT anyway. Look into your router settings , look up DMZ and XBox on the internet (basically its a way to get your router firewall to ignore your XBox) As a troubleshooting exercise put your XBox in the DMZ of your router , if your NAT is stil strict or moderate contact your ISP

edit............been looking around the interweb , seems loads are having issues with that router even with xbox in DMZ , contact your ISP seee if they can help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The process to change your NAT varies depending on your ISP and your modem. I would try typing these things into google or youtube to figure out which way the the correct way for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.